The Rt. Rev. Dr. Marc Handley Andrus is the eighth bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of California. He was installed as bishop in 2006 — a position of oversight for a diocese comprised of 24,000 communicants in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties, and the cities of Los Altos and part of Palo Alto. Prior to his election as Bishop of California, Andrus served as Bishop Suffragan in the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama.
Bishop Marc is the coauthor, along with Matthew Fox, of Stations of the Cosmic Christ. Bishop Marc leads a meditation group on Tuesday mornings in the Thomas Keating Chapel based on his book. Many people are familiar with the devotional practice within Christian churches of praying the “Stations of the Cross.” In this book Bishop marc Andrus and spiritual theologian Matthew Fox challenge believers and non-believers alike to develop a new practice based on very ancient teachings and the new cosmology: The Stations of the Cosmic Christ. Artists M.C. Richards and Javier Lemus join the authors in offering a Way and series of practices that moves the heart and awakens us to the Blessed Being who resides in us all and whether that eternal spark be called “Cosmic Christ” or the “Buddha Nature” or the “Image of God.”
Meditation Sessions with Bishop Marc Andrus on MeditationChapel.org.
In each session, Bishop Marc takes another section of his book, Stations of the Cosmic Christ, and offers it as a point of reflection. To view these presentations in order, start at the bottom and work your way up.
How to Join Bishop Marc for Meditation
- Register as a user of Meditation Chapel from our Getting Started Page.
- Once you have registered, you will quickly be sent an email. This email contains a link to our Welcome Page.
- The Welcome Page contains a link to The Thomas Keating Chapel, where Bishop Marc’s group meet. It also contains a lot of information about how to use our chapels. Please bookmark this page for future reference.
- Find the time of Bishop Marc’s meditation in your local time zone on the Meditation Chapel Calendar.
- Follow the instructions on the Welcome Page to participate in his group.
- Do you have any questions? Ask Robert Lalor or Roger Sessions. Their emails are on the Meditation Chapel Contact Page.